Why Opportunity Space?
Although there are many great co-working spaces in Austin, we built Opportunity Space for the following reasons:
- Opportunity Space is your own space.
All of the offices within Opportunity Space have doors that close, allowing you and your team to talk amongst yourselves without having to find a conference room or phone room. (Two conference rooms are also available to reserve at no additional charge as part of the space, in case you’d like to have a meeting with investors or potential customers.)
- The eclectic feel of working in a house.
There’s a great “home-y” feel to working in a converted house. There’s a kitchen with appliances, full bathrooms, wooden floors…everything you’ll need to feel “at home” when you work.
- A community of scrappy startups that can help each other.
We’re interested in working with like-minded startup companies who can benefit from networking with each other, referring customers, etc.
- Never worry about typical office annoyances.
Printers jammed? Coffee maker not working? Internet access down? As techies ourselves, we know that troubleshooting mundane office/kitchen equipment can suck hours out of your day. So, when you become part of Opportunity Space, we’ll take care of that for you. You bring yourself and your computer(s)–we’ll take care of the rest!
Contact us for a tour and to see the space!
What Do I Get As A Member?
We’re proponents of keeping things simple. You’ll pay one low monthly fee per desk, which includes everything mentioned here:
- Your own dedicated room, complete with desks. We provide you with nice-looking desks and chairs, but if you like, you’re also free to bring in your own–whatever fits in your room!
- 24×7 access. For those late nights. (Please note that the landlord does not permit overnight stays.)
- Internet access. We have an 80Mb/6Mb connection from Grande. It’s knock-your-socks-off fast. We have Wifi covering the entire space, and every room also has CAT-6 wired connections with Gigabit Ethernet running through the building. (If you want your own external IP address for a dev box, VPN, etc., this can also be arranged for a small extra monthly fee.)
- All utilities. We’ll cover the power, heat, A/C (important here in Austin!), water, and trash. Your desk comes with a trash can, which we’ll empty nightly.
- Coffee, small snacks/drinks, and filtered water. We have some glasses/mugs, or you can bring your own. We also have a refrigerator and a microwave on each floor for your use.
- A mailing address. Use Opportunity Space’s address for your business mail.
- Printing, scanning, and shredding. Available on each floor.
- Conference room access. Reserve one of our conference rooms for important meetings.
All leases are per-room–we have rooms available ranging from 2 desks to 6 desks. Every room has its own door that shuts, so you and your employees won’t be disturbed while you work.
All of this, while only being 1 mile from the Austin Convention Center, and in an easily-walkable neighborhood.
Compare this to leasing a typical office space: You lease the space with your landlord–but then have to set up water and utilities, find janitorial help, buy all of your own equipment (which can quickly add up to tens of thousands of dollars), troubleshoot your Internet access if it breaks, buy snacks, drinks and bathroom supplies–it ends up being time-intensive and frustrating. Opportunity Space takes the hassle out of leasing office space for your startup–allowing you to focus on your business instead of your office!
Each dedicated room you lease is a simple flat rate (rate depends on room size–contact us for more details), and you can lease month-to-month. There are a limited number of spaces available, and they are already filling up fast–contact us for your no-obligation tour!
Who Is Behind Opportunity Space?
If it sounds like you’d fit in to our community, Contact us for a tour and to reserve your space!